On 14th June 2018, I successfully earned the Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer credential, fourth certification on my journey towards CTA (Certified Technical Architect). #JourneyToCTA
Targeted audience for this certification
From the official Salesforce certification website:
The Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer credential is designed for those who assess the architecture environment and requirements and design sound, scalable, and high-performing technical solutions on the Force.com platform that meet sharing and visibility security requirements. Candidates should have experience communicating solutions and design trade-offs to businesses and IT stakeholders.
What it takes to clear this certification
Below are the list of blogs and online readings, which I would recommend you to read while preparing for the certification:
First and foremost, get yourself familiar with the exam guide. Topics to focus are:
- Declarative Sharing (major area) - 67%
- Programmatic Sharing - 25%
- Performance - 8%
- Make sure you have completed this Trailmix which covers all the documentations & study materials required for the certification. Take notes for each topic!!!
- Maciej Jóźwiak has written a well detailed blog on this certification which covers brief of major areas of certification.
- This blog from Jiten Joysar covers good explanation of OWD, Profiles, FLS, XSS, SOQL Injection and CSRF.
- Gemma Emmett (who is inspiring many people in the community towards CTA) has written this blog on Sharing & Visibility certification which is another good article to review your preparation.
- Get yourself practically aware about ’Secure Development on the Salesforce Platform’ here - Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3
Feels like it is an achievement to clear this certification and I am so happy with the results!!